Leslie T. White, CPCU, CIC, ARM, CRM, founder and president of Croydon Consulting, is a nonprofit insurance and risk management expert, trainer and facilitator. Leslie has more than 30 years’ experience within the corporate and nonprofit insurance and risk management industry. She has written books and numerous articles, designed training programs and lead workshops on nonprofit risk management and insurance. Her articles appear in such nonprofit periodicals as Executive Update, Association Management, and Community Risk Management and Insurance and books published by the Nonprofit Risk Management Center and other nonprofits.
Leslie is an accomplished and experienced speaker who makes presentations to groups on a wide range of insurance and risk management issues facing nonprofits and associations. Please contact Leslie to arrange a presentation for your group.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- August 26, 2010: Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 7th Annual Animal Law Conference, Insurance Coverage for Shelters and Rescues, Philadelphia, PA
- August 24, 2010: American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), Annual Meeting & Expo, Deconstructing Social Media Guidelines, Los Angeles, CA
- August 22, 2010: American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), Annual Meeting & Expo, Risky Chapters: Helping Chapters Maximize Outcomes & Minimize Liabilities for Both You and the Chapter, Los Angeles, CA
- August 12, 2010: Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 7th Annual Animal Law Conference, Insurance Coverage for Shelters and Rescues, Pittsburgh, PA
Samples of Workshops
Risk Management for Nonprofit Organizations
This is an introductory course for managers new to risk management that explores the scope of risks in nonprofit organizations and how to manage these exposures.
Introduction to Enterprise Risk Management
Learn how enterprise risk management expands the practice of risk management beyond insurable risks to evaluate the numerous business risks facing organizations.
How to Conduct a Risk Assessment
The most important step in the risk management process is to identify and analyze an organization’s risks whether insurable or not.
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
After the events of September 11 and the recent hurricane seasons, nonprofits recognize the importance of planning for a disaster to continue their operations and secure their survival.
The Basics of Insurance: A Nonprofit Primer
Every nonprofit organization needs to understand insurance. Insurance is a significant part of a nonprofit’s risk management program as a means to finance its losses.
Managing the Risks of Mentoring
Risk management is just good management and employing the best practices for your mentoring program. Mentoring programs present many unique challenges and opportunities for its organizers and participants and requires an effective risk management program.
Sports Risk Management: Is it All Fun and Games?
Explore the special risk management considerations for sports and recreation programs.
Volunteer Management: A Risk Management Approach
Learn how to apply risk management techniques to your volunteer program for a safer and more effective program. Explore ways to minimize your risks using tools such as screening and selection, training, and supervision.
Board members struggle with the roles and responsibilities often leading to discontent or lack of accountability. Explore techniques for managing governance risks while enhancing your board’s capabilities.
Other Topics Available
- Corporate volunteer programs
- Specials events
- Negotiating insurance policies
- Insurance broker selection and evaluation
- Managing the risks of collaborations
- Alternative risk financing techniques
- Pandemic influenza planning
- Youth protection programs
- AH&T Nonprofits Insurance — Annual Nonprofit Risk Management Seminar
- American Society of Association Executives
- ANCOR Foundation CEO Roundtable
- Association of Community Services of Howard County (MD)
- Association for High Technology Distribution
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City
- Congregations of Religious Treasurers, Region I (CT)
- Coordinators of Volunteers of Anne Arundel County (MD)
- Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- Maryland Council of Directors of Volunteer Services
- National Association of Truck Stop Operators
- National Senior Service Corps — Corporation for National Service
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center — Nonprofit Risk Management Institutes and Nonprofit Risk Management & Finance Seminar Pennsylvania Association for Volunteerism
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Points of Light Foundation
- Special Olympics Inc.
- Special Olympics Maryland
- The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Fellows Program (MD & HI)
- The National Mentoring Partnership, National Mentoring Center
- The Support Center of Washington, DC
- United Way of Allegheny County (PA)
- Virginia State Conference on Community Service and Civic Engagement
- Volunteer Maryland!
Training programs and workshops can be designed to meet your organization’s needs. Contact Leslie to discuss.